The course is designed to give exposure to best practice project management and a full understanding of the knowledge areas and process groups defined in the PMI’s Body of Knowledge®.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for project managers, project team members, other managers and all those who would benefit from exposure to best practice in project management.
- Existing Project Managers keen to experience best-practice as defined by the PMI and who may wish to sit the CAPM® or PMP® qualification exams.
- New project managers looking to add new weapons to their project management armoury.
- Project team members who wish to better understand the responsibilities and activities involved in project management.
- Project team members who wish to progress into a career as a project manager.
On completion of this course participants will have attained an overall ‘Intermediate’ Competence Level’ in Project Management. At overall competence Level 2: Intermediate Application participants completing this course will be able to:
- Navigate the PMI Body of Knowledge and perceive the distinction between knowledge areas and process groups.
- Recognise the inputs and outputs associated with each of the PMI processes.
- Use and create the deliverables associated with Project Integration Management including planning for success.
- Plan for and manage the Project Stakeholder Management process.
- Define and manage Project Scope effectively.
- Produce estimates and develop a schedule to properly undertake Project Time Management.
- Create a budget and measure performance to implement Project Cost Management.
- Successfully identify and manage Risks and issues.
- Understand Project Quality Management.
- Provide effective and appropriate Communication within project management.
- Understand how organisations and projects are structured.
- Understand Project Procurement Management.
- Make use of the principles of Human Resource management to implement leadership and teamwork.
- Evaluate the contexts and environments in which projects can be delivered.
- Understand governance of project management and the use of structured methodologies.
- PMI® Project Methodology
- Project Integration Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Communication Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Human Resource Management
About the course
This course has been fully accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI)® and covers the content required to approach either the CAPM® or the PMP® level exams. The course is designed to give exposure to best practice project management and a full understanding of the knowledge areas and process groups defined in the PMI’s Body of Knowledge®.
The content discusses terminology, tools and techniques and extends to provide a deeper perspective, facilitating an understanding of the reasons for their use as well as the benefits of doing so. The PMP® credential is recognised across the world and demonstrates that you have the experience education and competency to lead and direct projects. Through the use of an appropriate case study during the course, delegates will be able to apply what they learn, making use of the theory in a practical sense which allows for more effective learning and greater likelihood of implementation and improvement in the workplace. Project professionals will benefit from the perspective gained on this course whether they intend to go on to take the PMI exam or not. In order to take any PMI exam, candidates will need to demonstrate to PMI that they meet certification requirements by completing the application online. Advice can be given on this process by the team at 20|20.