Educational institutions, employers, professional registration bodies and government immigration agencies often require proof of English language skills as part of their recruitment or admission procedures. IELTS is widely accepted for these purposes.
IELTS is designed to test the language ability of people who want to study or work where English is used as the language of communication. Over 3 million tests are taken each year. ETI provides preparation courses, ensuring you are fully prepared for the IELTS exam.
The duration of the course depends on the student’s level. A student should demonstrate at least Intermediate level of General English to be eligible for enrollment on the course. Additional practice sessions can be provided upon completion of the course if required.
- Intermediate – 96 hours
- High – Upper Intermediate – 72 hours
- Advanced – 48 hours
The course is conducted by a qualified local teacher.
The aim of the course is to allow the participants to learn and practise the skills and strategies necessary to succeed on the IELTS test.
Upon completion of the course participants will:
- have improved their knowledge of the English language skills covered on the IELTS test: including Writing, Reading, Speaking and Listening
- have improved knowledge of the academic skills covered on the IELTS test
- have understood the test-taking strategies appropriate for the IELTS test
- have improved vocabulary covered by the IELTS test;
- have taken practice tests applying their knowledge of the appropriate skills and strategies