ETI’s two-day course in Contract and Supply Chain Management aims to assist new and more experienced managers in their understanding of this vital sphere.
At the end of this course participants will understand how to:
- Identify performance targets for their suppliers and define quality levels for their service delivery to their internal and external customers.
- Negotiate service level agreements with their suppliers and with their customers
- Streamline the chain, add value and improve performance.
The course will consist of a number of theoretical and practical sessions covering the following areas:
- Understanding the principles and practices of supply chain management with examples
- Identifying the critical elements in your supply chain and their interlocking dependencies
- Analysing the needs of your customers and their service requirements; linking those requirements with supplier capabilities
- Negotiating service level agreements with customers and with suppliers: negotiating techniques and case studies
- Monitoring and quality assurance management, including legal compliance and HSE compliance, of the supply chain
- Analysing your supply chain
- Setting standards for your service level agreements
- Streamlining the chain and removing redundant activities and procedures; defining added value
- Action planning for improvement